|Chopped Cilantro||1 bunch|
|JTM Seasoned Beef Tips||8.0 lbs.|
|Lime Juice||4.0 oz.|
|Mild Diced Green Chiles||4.0 oz.|
|Red Enchilada Sauce||1.0 lbs.|
|USDA Cooked Brown Rice (100499)||15.5 cups|
|USDA Salsa (100330)||2.1 lbs.|
Prep Time: 45 min. Yields: 31
1. Heat JTM/Culinary Seasoned Beef to an internal temperature of 165*F or higher (HACCP) and hold at 145*F or higher (HACCP) until ready for service.
2. Cook brown rice (See Operational Heating Instructions) and hold hot until service.
To make cilantro lime brown rice:
1. Combine 4.0 oz. of lime juice and 1 bunch of chopped cilantro with rice and blend thoroughly.
2. Blend red enchilada sauce, chunky salsa, and diced green chiles to make chile colorado sauce.
3. Combine beef tips with colorado sauce and return to heat, then heat to a temperature of 135*F or higher.
4. Portion 1/2 cup of cilantro lime brown rice in a bowl and portion 4.1 oz. (by weight) of chile colorado over brown rice.
*One 5.81 oz. serving by weight or 3/4 cup by volume of chili colorado over 1/2 cup brown rice provides: 2.0 oz. M/MA + 1/8 cup R/O vegetable + 1.0 oz. Grain Equivalent.
Optional serving suggestions:
-Serve over a sweet baked potato.
-Serve in a hard or soft whole grain tortilla shell.
Nutritional information is based on calculations from various databases. The information is believed to be accurate, but does not constitute a guarantee.