|Dough balls (20oz)||5 each|
|Egg Wash||4 oz|
|JTM Macaroni & Cheese||5 lbs|
|Shedded Mozarella (Pizza blend)||20 oz|
Prep Time: 60 min. Yields: 20
1. Scale thawed pizza dough ball into 5oz increments (portion dough into 1/4's)
Note: keep covered until ready to work with dough so it doesn't form a skin
2. Shape pizza dough into a uniform 6" circle and place on a seasoned pizza tray or screen.
3. Brush edges of pizza dough with an egg wash to help seal the edges.
4. Spread pizza cheese over dough leaving the oustide edges clear (3/4oz.)
5. Portion thawed Macaroni & cheese (4oz.) onto pizza dough and spread across 1/2 of the dough leaving the edges free.
6. Fold over the pizza dough into a semi-circle and press the edges together where the egg was was placed.
7. Crimp the edges to ensure a tight seal and brush the exterior of the calzone with egg wash.
8. Place 2 or 3 small slits in the dough to allow for steam to escape to ensure a uniform presentation.
9. Bake for approximately 6 minutes @ 450°F.
6. Serve immediately after baking.
-Italian sausage, diced Ham chunks, diced Tomatoes, sliced Jalapenos or Cherry Peppers.
-Try brushing the outside edge of the crust with olive oil and sprinkle with your favorite herb seasoning or grated cheese.
-For best results-combinations of fillings should be adjusted not to exceed 5oz in total to keep everything contained.
-Stretch 5oz dough ball into a rectangular shape and follow the instructions above to create a "hot pocket" type hand held pizza.