|Diced Green Chilies||1.6 lbs.|
|JTM Turkey Carntas||5.0 lbs.|
|Sour Cream||10 oz.|
|USDA Black Beans (100359)||1.5 lbs.|
|USDA Salsa (100330)||1.75 lbs.|
|USDA Shredded Cheddar Cheese (100012)||14 oz.|
|USDA WGR 8'' Tortillas (110394)||25 each|
Prep Time: 40 min. Yields: 25
1. Portion 1/2 of the shredded cheddar cheese (#30 scoop) over the left side of the tortilla.
2. Portion 3.2 oz. by weight or a #8 scoop by volume of the heated JTM Turkey Carnitas on left half of tortilla over the cheese.
3. Top with 1.0 oz. of black beans (#20 scoop).
4. Add 0.5 oz. of chopped jalapeno peppers (#60 scoop).
5. Fold over tortilla and transfer to lightly oiled griddle or sheet pan.
- Yields 25 servings in total
- One quesadilla equals one serving
- Provides: 2.0 oz. M/MA + 1.5 oz. Grain Equivalent + 1/8 cup R/O vegetable + 1/8 cup Other vegetable + 1/8 cup of Legumes
- Layer folded tortillas single layer and bake in a 350°F oven for approx. 10 minutes.
1. Place folded quesadillas on pre-heated griddle and toast for approx. 3 min. per side or until cheese is thoroughly melted.
2. Serve immediately.
- Best served with salsa & sour cream.
- Note: the quesadillas can be made in advance with cold ingredients and shingled on sheet pans until ready for service.
* This will double the cooking time (times approx.)
- Note: For a fun fusion variation of this recipe, try using BBQ and trading the black beans for baked beans.
Nutritional information is based on calculations from various databases. The information is believed to be accurate, but does not constitute a guarantee.