Speed Scratch Three Bean Chili & Mac
Yield: 20 Servings
Serving Size: 7.6 oz by weight or 1 cup by volume
USDA WGR Elbow Pasta (110501)
USDA Shredded Cheddar Cheese (100012)
Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place frozen, unopened pouch of Three Bean Chili into steamer or in boiling water (tilt skillet or kettle)
- Heat for approximately 45 minutes to an internal temperature of 145°F (HACCP Critical Control Point - 145°F for 15 seconds)
- Once the product reaches recommended temp., hot hot until ready to assemble recipe (HACCP Critical Control Point - 145°F or higher) until ready to use
- Open the bag carefully to avoid being burned
- Using non-stick cooking spray, spray full size hotel pan.
- Place portioned elbow pasta, hot water and heated three bean chili into pan and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add shredded cheese evenly over top of chili mac and place back into oven, uncovered, for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and allow pan to cool slightly before cutting into portions.
- Cut pan into 4 rows x 5 rows to get 20 servings
Nutritional Contribution: 7.6 oz. by weight or 1 cup by volume provides: 2.0 oz. M/MA + 1.0 oz. Grain Equivalent + 1/4 cup R/O vegetable